Firefighter Electric Vehicle Safety Training
One of the greatest challenges facing today's firefighters is vehicular incidents involving alternative fuel vehicles, especially electric and hybrid electric vehicles. The growth of this automotive segment is increasing, putting additional pressure on fire response to understand their complexities and the additional SOPs they need to adopt to assure "everyone goes home safe."
This course will address the needs of firefighters on understanding how the vehicles operate, their key components, and how to correctly identify them at the scene of an accident.
Taught by a firefighter instructor, the participants will be able to:
- Understand basic electrical theory, both Alternating Current and Direct Current
- Summarize how electric and hybrid electric vehicles operate
- Describe the different types of electrified vehicles - Outline electric vehicle safety systems
- Categorize electric vehicle charging appliances and their safety systems
- Understand electric vehicle identification techniques
- List procedures for disabling and immobilizing electric and hybrid electric cars
- Illustrate the firefighter personal protective equipment recommended for EV response
- Outline extrication procedures to be used when dealing with entrapments and EVs
- Understand fire response and electrified vehicles
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.