Natural Gas Vehicle Automotive Technician Training
AFV Educate has an extensive suite of training for automotive technicians focusing on alternative fuels, including this course, Natural Gas Vehicle Technician Training. Fleets continue to adopt CNG as a fuel for their light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles. Training for technicians to maintain these trucks is becoming an important part of the automotive repair arena.
This course will address the needs of technicians on understanding how CNG and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) vehicles operate, their key components, and how to diagnose, maintain, and repair them.
After completing this course, the participants will be able to:
- Summarize how natural gas vehicles operate
- Describe the properties of natural gas as it relates to vehicle fuel
- Outline CNG and LNG safety systems
- Categorize CNG and LNG fueling apparatus and their safety systems
- Describe the natural gas powertrain systems, including fuel tanks, fuel lines, regulators, and injectors
- Understand the specialized tools and PPE needed to work on natural gas vehicles
- Outline the different components in a CNG or LNG vehicle
- Demonstrate diagnostic skills utilizing scan tools - Summarize the process for converting a conventional vehicle to operate on CNG
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.